For your convenience, we've reserved a block of rooms at Courtyard Marriott Livermore, just a short drive from Wente Vineyards. Please use the link below to book your reservation at our group rate.
Visit website to reserve a room
Two Bay Area airports are a reasonable drive to our wedding venue:
SFO - San Francisco International Airport (approx. 45-50 minutes' drive to Wente Vineyards without traffic)
OAK - Oakland International Airport (approx. 30 minutes' drive to Wente Vineyards without traffic)
For those new to the region, here are some of our favorite things to do in the Bay Area:
If you're staying in SF for the weekend:
• Bike across the Golden Gate Bridge to Sausalito: rent bikes in Fisherman's Wharf, ride across the bridge, reward yourself with ice cream in Sausalito, and take the ferry back.
• Hike the Lands End Trail in SF: start at the Sutro Baths and enjoy a moderately-difficult 4-mile hike along the coastline, with striking views of the Golden Gate Bridge... from within city limits!
• Visit Muir Woods National Monument (redwood trees!): drive just north of the Golden Gate Bridge (or take a shuttle) to a redwood forest that you've heard about but won't believe once you see it in person. Make sure to make reservations in advance: they're now required for park entry.
• Hike along the Tennessee Valley Trail in Marin County: drive just north of the Golden Gate Bridge into the region's most beautiful area, and enjoy an easy 3.5-mile out-and-back hike along hills that that overlook the ocean. If you have more time, visit downtown Mill Valley for a meal, or grab a quick bite at Cafe del Soul on your way back into the city.
• Catch a Giants game at Oracle Park (formerly AT&T Park): check out the Giants at home vs. the Padres on Friday or Sunday. There's not a bad seat in the stadium!
• Hang out in Dolores Park and explore the Mission on foot: there are few better ways to spend a sunny day in SF than hanging out on a blanket (or hotel towel, if that's what you have) in Dolores Park with a cold beverage. Nearby, grab beverages and food at Bi-Rite Market, ice cream at Bi-Rite Creamery, pastry at Tartine, and coffee at Ritual. If you're feeling brave, try cryotherapy at Steve's spot (Reboot Cryo). Oh, and don't forget to try the city's best burrito at La Taqueria: the line is worth the wait!
• Explore historic North Beach on foot: climb the steps to Coit Tower, meander through Washington Square Park, taste great Italian pastries at Stella, and eat Italian seafood dishes at Sotto Mare. The neighborhood also is home to Vesuvio Cafe and City Lights, as well as Cobb's Comedy Club (our fave).
• Eat your way through SF: it's one of the world's best food cities for a reason. Some of our favorite lunch/dinner spots are (places with * require advance reservation): State Bird Provisions*, Mourad*, Kokkari*, Flour + Water*, Mensho Tokyo, Mochica, Farmhouse Kitchen Thai Cuisine, Gracias Madre, Oren's Hummus, Mestiza, Anar, and Maykadeh. Some of our favorite brunch places are: PARKER Potrero (best breakfast sammy Steve's ever had), Dottie's True Blue Cafe, and Plow.
• Cocktail bar hop: check out Charmaine's, Bond Bar, Evil Eye, Comstock Saloon, District, Novella, and Mikkeller Bar (for beer fans).
NorCal destinations... if you have a couple more days:
• Big Sur and Carmel: drive along the country's most spectacular coastline, hike to waterfalls (McWay Falls), stop in for a bite to eat at Nepenthe, or reserve a meal overlooking the ocean at the Post Ranch Inn. If you want to channel our engagement story, visit Point Lobos State Natural Reserve, which is where Steve proposed! (it's one of the most beautiful parks in the U.S.)
• Lake Tahoe: just a 4-to-5-hour drive northeast of SF (highly dependent on traffic), this stunning lake and its surrounding towns are filled with relaxing indoor and outdoor activities.
• Yosemite: even more incredible than you think and just a 4-to-5-hour drive east of SF!